Your donation supports local breakthroughs
Your donation provides vital funding for world-class research, which targets cancer from every angle. Every result helps us to understand cancer better, and find new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat it.
Together, we can support research that can be translated into practice and result in real improvements and quality of life for West Australians affected by cancer.
Benefits of supporting our Cancer Research Program
Every donation helps bring us closer to a cancer free future. We welcome and are incredibly grateful for all donations to our Cancer Research Program.
Thanks to cancer research, and people like you, today’s survival rates for the most common cancers are more than 90 per cent. The overall five-year survival rate for those diagnosed with cancer is 69 per cent. Western Australia’s cancer survival rates are among the highest in the world.
Although we’re making great advancements, there is still more to do.
For a minimum $3,000 donation, you’ll be ensuring our competitive research program is able to retain world-class researchers here in WA, by supporting them at every step of their career. In return for your generosity, you will receive:
- A choice of the research grant, project or scholarship you support (pending availability).
- Recognition of your funding in a family, estate, deceased loved one, company or individual name on our website.
- A certificate recognising your support of this program with details of the research project chosen.
- An invitation to the annual Research Awards event, where the research funding, recipients and supporters are announced.
- A Cancer Council WA tax receipt for each donation.
- The knowledge that your investment will result in research findings. Each discovery brings forward the day we stop cancer.
I’m interested. How can I financially support a WA cancer research?
To support our research program or find out more, please: