Since that time and following the establishment of the WA Cancer and Palliative Care Network (WACPCN) the role of WACOG became more focused on the organising of medical educational events.
WACOG provides coordination of high-quality education to WA health professionals working in oncology and haematology. The program has a strong focus on evidence-driven content, working primarily with WA based health professionals to deliver education to their peers.
Many of the educational meetings are run in conjunction with WACPCN and Tumour Collaboratives. To receive invitation to WACOG educational events, please email email@example.com or call (08) 9212 4333.
WACOG calendar of events
WACOG convenes educational meetings which are open to medical, nursing and other health professionals working in Oncology and Haematology. Many of seminars are run in conjunction with the WA Cancer and Palliative Care Network and the Tumour Collaboratives. To receive invitations to WACOG events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 9212 4333.
2022 Medical and Nursing/Allied Health Conference Grants
Applications are now open. Virtual conferences will be considered.
Applications are open for conferences taking place in January – December 2022.
WACOG and Cancer Council WA are offering two grants for Advanced Medical Trainees as well as two grants for Nurses or Allied Health professionals working in an oncology or haematology related field to attend a medical/health related conference of their choice.
- Up to $2500 for interstate conferences and up to $4000 for international conferences is available to contribute towards conference registration, accommodation and travel fees.
- Advanced Medical Trainees: Please view the Medical Trainees conference grant guidelines before completing the Medical Trainees Conference Grant application form.
- Nurses and Allied Health: Please view the Nurses conference grant guidelines before completing the Nurses conference grant application form.
- For more information, please contact email@example.com
CancerMatters is the official newsletter of WACOG. It provides multidisciplinary cancer information for all health professionals with an interest in cancer, as well as supporters and interest groups.
CancerMatters covers :
- local, national and international issues
- popular and relevant cancer information websites
- the latest clinical trials
- announcements for cancer education meetings or funding opportunities
Latest CancerMatters Newsletters:
Cancer clinical trials
What is a cancer clinical trial?
Useful Links on Clinical Trials: