As the preferred provider of palliative and end of life care education for all health professionals and volunteers in Western Australia, PaSCE provides and delivers education and resources across the state.
PaSCE collaborates with experienced palliative care clinicians to develop and deliver evidence-based education aimed at increasing knowledge and confidence of palliative care in all settings.
Visit the PaSCE Website for more information.
PaSCE Professional Development (PD) program delivers palliative and supportive care education for all health professional, allied health and volunteers across the state working with patients with a life limiting illness.
The Professional Development program provides education that is at a foundation, consolidation, and extension level. PD also provides palliative care training for volunteers working in a palliative care setting.
Our workshops range from a set of standard products, pilot workshops, and contemporary education. We collaborate with experienced clinicians and experts to deliver evidence-based programs.
PaSCE Communication Program delivers inter professional communication skills training to health professionals and organisations across WA.mThis education program provides health professionals with an opportunity to develop their practice by participating in simulated evidence-based communication workshops.
This program aims to increase health professionals’ communication skills, knowledge, and confidence to provide optimal care and shared decision-making. PaSCE endeavours to improve and create a toolkit for their individual practice.
The Cancer Council WA Communications Program offers:
- A state-wide communications skills training program delivered by clinicians.
- A standardised training model that can be tailored to address individual and organisational needs.
- Evidence-based simulated education.
- Use of professional actors as the simulated patient.
- Opportunity to join a network of facilitators.
To find out more about the Communications Program please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PEPA and IPEPA
PEPA is an education program that provides health professionals with an opportunity to develop skills and knowledge in the palliative approach by undertaking a supervised clinical placement within a speciality palliative care service throughout WA. PEPA also offers face-to-face and virtual workshops and online learning modules.
PEPA Learning Pathways:
- Learning Guides
- Workshops (virtual and face to face)
IPEPA is a grassroots approach to breaking down the barriers to palliative care for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples across Australia.
Informed by community, for community, the Indigenous Program of Experience in the Palliative Approach (IPEPA) is embedding Australian Indigenous knowledges across all PEPA resources and facilitating two-way learning dedicated to:
- Building the capacity of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce to deliver palliative care.
- Developing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities’ knowledge of palliative care, their rights and local services.
- Supporting the culturally responsive capabilities of mainstream service providers to provide holistic and safe palliative care to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
To find out more about PEPA or IPEPA please visit their website or contact email@example.com.
Cancer Council WA Palliative Care Scholarships
Are you a registered nurse, doctor or allied health professional currently working in palliative care? Are you wanting to expand your horizons and move into one of the fastest growing specialties? Or, are you interested in undertaking postgraduate study towards a palliative care qualification? If so, Cancer Council WA invites you to apply for one of our scholarships.
Our 3 scholarship areas cover:
- Advancement in the area of post graduate study (Cancer Council WA/Department of Health Post Graduate Palliative Care Scholarship)
- Quality Improvement Scholarships in the area of Palliative Care (PCQI Scholarship)
- Helen Walker Excellence in Leadership Scholarship
To find out more about the Cancer Council WA Palliative Care Scholarship please visit https://www.pasce.com.au/scholarships or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.