Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea is a community event that raises vital funds to make a big difference for those impacted by cancer.
And we are turning 30 this year!
Almost one in two Australians will be diagnosed with cancer by the age of 85. Every year in May, thousands of people come together for Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea – the best way to raise funds for cancer research and support services, while sharing a cup of tea.
It is an opportunity for you and your friends, family and workmates to come together, share a cuppa, some delicious food, and help those affected by cancer.
The funds you raise help run Cancer Council WA’s vital support services, lifesaving cancer research and educational prevention programs. One dollar at a time, you are making a real difference to the lives of Australians impacted by cancer.
The official date is Thursday, 25th May 2023, but you can register to host a Biggest Morning Tea anytime that suits you throughout May or June.
Once your date is set, start planning your tea and send out your invites. You’ll find heaps of resources in your online fundraising hub to make everything easy no matter what kind of morning tea you choose.
So sign up today and host an Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea your way!
Many hosts tell us their guests are looking for healthier options at their morning teas. So, ditch the usual biscuits and stodgy supermarket cakes and let us help you put the BIG in your Biggest Morning Tea with these delicious recipes.
Whether you make them yourself, or ask someone else to, your guests will love these delicious and healthy treats. With good nutrition linked to lower rates of a number of cancers, serving up healthy food is one way you can support your friends, family and colleagues to reduce their cancer risk.
Our top recipes:
- These pumpkin and sweet potato scones look impressive but are surprisingly simple to make! With a gorgeous orange tinge and satisfying sprinkle of pumpkin seeds on top your guests will be in heaven.
- For a colourful spin on a morning tea classic, try this delicious roast beetroot hummus. Pair with grainy crackers and chopped up veg.
- Honestly, who doesn’t love banana cake! Or if it’s a bit early for cake, try these apple and date bliss balls recipe packed with wholegrains for the perfect companion to your cuppa.
- Why not jazz up the traditional cup of tea with our Apple coconut and mint iced tea or some Coconut and Watermelon Juice for any non-tea drinkers.
- Got some eggs to use up? Try these healthy vegie filo cups or these scrumptious spiced apple and blueberry crumble friands
How can you get involved in Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea?
Register to join the fun and host your morning tea your way on our Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea website. Once you’ve registered, you’ll receive a FREE host kit filled with tips and tricks to make your morning tea a success!
PLUS, register before 8pm Sunday 7 May and you can win yourself a brand new Delonghi Specialista Coffee Machine! Perfect for serving up delicious, café-style cappuccinos to your morning tea guests.