Have you or someone you love recently completed cancer treatment? Are you looking for support, advice or even just information on what’s next?
As we approach the end of the year, now is the perfect time to reflect on your priorities and what you would like to accomplish during the next year. Our Wellbeing after Cancer program is here to assist you with setting goals and adjusting to your ‘new normal’.
We’ll help you to identify your specific needs and support you to achieve them through a series of coaching phone calls and useful tools, which includes:
- providing healthy lifestyle recommendations and resources including physical activity and nutrition guidance tailored to your requirements;
- linking you to a range of practical and emotional support services; and,
- suggesting links to groups and other services in the community to support you further as you adapt to your ‘new normal’
Since launching in October 2019, our Wellbeing after Cancer program has already been providing practical help and support to people across the state, including Jeff*.
Two years on from his surgery for stomach cancer, Jeff felt increasingly anxious about eating food. His surgery meant he had to make significant changes to his meal portions, so he wouldn’t be in pain.
Thankfully, through our Wellbeing after Cancer program, Jeff was referred to our cancer counselling service, which helped him to develop coping methods for his situation. After sharing his concerns and making some lifestyle changes, Jeff now feels happier and more in control.
This service is only made possible thanks to the generosity and support of the WA community.
Where to start
- Anyone who has recently completed cancer treatment, particularly people in regional areas, is invited and encouraged to access our Wellbeing after Cancer program.
- Simply request a Wellbeing after Cancer callback from our qualified Nurses and they will be in touch.
- To find out more or to explore our resources and information on your own, please visit our Wellbeing after Cancer page.
*We have changed the name of our client to protect their identity.