With almost one in two Australians being diagnosed with cancer by the age of 85, cancer affects all of us. Here at Cancer Council WA, we’re determined to change that.
In Western Australia alone, there are almost 13,000 people diagnosed with cancer each year. This number is expected to rise.
At this very moment, there is currently over 87,000 West Australians who are living with or after cancer. As a community-funded organisation, we rely on the people and businesses within WA to provide vital funding, which translates into local cancer support services and life-saving research.
Workplace Giving is a simple and tax-effective way for you to donate to Cancer Council WA through a regular payroll deduction. You can choose to donate as much or as little as you like.
We know that tackling cancer takes all of us and you, your employer and colleagues can make a real difference in achieving the vision of a cancer free future.
With your support, together, we can continue to:
- Fund Western Australia’s best and brightest researchers, who are unlocking the answers to a future without cancer. This will result in real improvements in the diagnosis, treatment and quality of life for West Australians affected by cancer
- Prevent people from hearing those three words, “you have cancer”, by educating our community
- Provide vital support services for West Australians and their families, who are affected by cancer
How it works
Your donation will be made from your pre-tax earnings. This will reduce your taxable income and contribute to making a real difference to West Australians impacted by a cancer diagnosis.
Your total amount and number of donations are included in your annual PAYG summary, so you don’t need to collect or keep any receipts – we’ll cover the administration!
How to make it happen
Donating to Cancer Council WA is an easy way to make a difference and reduce your taxable income, by donating through a regular payroll deduction. Every donation, no matter the amount, makes a big difference in providing hope for WA families when they need it most.
We can help you get involved with Workplace Giving today. If your employer has a Workplace Giving Program in place, you can become a regular donor today. Simply complete the registration form here.
For employers interested in setting up corporate Workplace Giving
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about:
- How to set up a program and get your employees involved
- How you can become a charity champion for Cancer Council WA in your workplace
Thank you for helping us work towards a cancer free future. It’s all of us against cancer.