The Great Southern Hub has a strong home-like, non-clinical environment with gardens, plenty of light and space that provides a warm and welcoming space. The premises offers tranquil, calm and peaceful surroundings for people going through challenging times.
Accommodation is currently offered to anyone in WA, Australia or internationally, who would like to spend time with, and support loved ones in palliative care at the Albany Community Hospice.
In addition to accommodation services, the Great Southern Hub has services and programs that aim to lessen the impact of cancer within the community as well as raise awareness of the importance of cancer support and prevention in the Great Southern region.
Persons wishing to book a unit must fit the following criteria;
- Be a key support person or family member of an inpatient at the Albany
- Must be self-caring or have a capable carer accompanying them.
- Priority is given to persons who reside 100km or more from the Albany
- Persons within 100km of the Albany Community Hospice will be assessed on
a case-by-case basis.
- Must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations based on current vaccine eligibility
To enquire about availability and to make a booking please call 08 6389 7853.
Address: 47-61 Grey Street East, Albany WA 6330
Phone: 0475 554 133
Opening times: Tuesday to Thursday from 8am-4pm