Some suggestions to consider when drafting a gift in your Will:
Have a conversation with family and friends.
Let them know your wishes, and how you would like your estate to be distributed.
Get an understanding of your assets
Make a list of your assets. Items may include shares or a property.
Think about who you would like to benefit
Decide who should benefit from your Will. This may include family members, friends and charitable organisations. We encourage you to think of your loved ones first and then consider a gift in your Will to us.
We encourage you to seek legal advice
Select a practicing solicitor or trustee company to act as your professional advisor. This ensures your Will is legally correct and your wishes will be followed accurately. We have prepared some suggested clauses for the gift in your Will to help in drafting your Will.
When including us in a Will it is important to use our:
- Correct legal name: Cancer Council Western Australia (Inc)
- Registered ABN: 15 190 821 561
- Address: L1/420 Bagot Rd, Subiaco, WA, 6008
- Telephone number: (08) 9212 4333
Please let us know if you have included us in your Will
By letting us know you have included a gift in your Will to Cancer Council WA, it allows us to:
- Thank you and discuss your wishes
- Focus on the programs you’re interested in
- Invite you to events to update you on our work
- Provide you with updates on cancer breakthroughs and new research initiatives
- Plan future investments in our vital programs
- Provide you with our annual financial summary