With liver cancer incidence on the rise, it is crucial to address the significant risk factor of viral hepatitis. At this webinar, participants will learn to identify patients at risk for viral hepatitis through an exploration of two case studies—one focused on a patient with Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) and another on a patient with Hepatitis B Virus (HBV). Jess McNabb and Ali Lori from Hepatitis WA will also discuss testing protocols, treatment approaches including the possibility of a cure for HCV, and effective management strategies for HBV. Additionally, DR X will discuss the surveillance approach for hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) among patients with a history of viral hepatitis.
On the morning of Thursday 13 July an email will be sent to registered attendees which will contain a link to join the webinar. You will be able to join the webinar by clicking the link.
7.00pm – Welcome and introductions
7.02pm – Presentations
- Jessica McNabb, Clinic Nurse, Hepatitis WA
- Alison Lori, Clinic Coordinator, Hepatitis WA
- Hepatologist, TBC
7.50 pm – Questions & discussion
8.00 pm – Webinar close
- Identify the key risk factors associated with viral hepatitis to ensure recognition of patients at risk in a clinical setting.
- Summarise the testing protocols, treatment options, and management strategies available for patients with viral hepatitis (HCV and HBV).
- Recall the recommended approach to surveillance for HCC in general practice for patients with a history of viral hepatitis.
This activity is accredited under ACRRM PDP, and the RACGP CPD Program – Activity ID: 535221
For more information, please contact: GP@cancerwa.asn.au