Life Now Mindful Art Shenton Park - Term 1, 2024
- Event Date: Tue 13 February, 2024 to Tue 19 March, 2024
- Time: 10.30am-12.00pm
- Cost: Free six-week course
Gordon Basford House, Activity Room
Are you or someone you care about affected by cancer?
The Cancer Council WA Life Now Program invites you to take part in our free supportive cancer care course.
Life Now Mindful Art is an introductory six-week guided course running for an hour-and-a-half each week. Each class is led by a senior art therapy teacher.
The Mindful Art program provides a basic understanding of mindfulness concepts, delivered through simple art classes. By focusing on the creative process rather than the final product, participants are encouraged to be more present and increase their self-awareness.
Mindful Art has shown to have great benefits for people affected by cancer. It can assist to reduce stress and anxiety; increase social functioning and improve quality of life.
- Life Now Mindful Art is offered to West Australians who have been diagnosed with cancer, or who have experienced a recurrence, secondary or progression, in the last five years
- Primary carers are also eligible to attend (by themselves, or in support of a cancer patient), and are invited to register.
- As this is a beginner’s course, no prior experience is required to participate, and all materials are provided.
- We prioritise new participants, giving everyone the opportunity to participate in our Life Now Mindful Art course.
- If you have previously participated in Life Now Mindful Art, please apply for a waitlist position.
Interested in participating in this course?
Registrations are essential. Please complete the Life Now course registration form.
For Life Now Program queries, email the team at email@example.com.