Are you or someone you care about affected by cancer?
The Cancer Council WA Life Now Program invites you to take part in our free supportive cancer care course.
Life Now Meditation is an introductory six-week guided course running for an hour each week. Each class is led by a senior meditation teacher.
Guided meditation involves learning and practicing different meditation techniques. There is no need for any prior skills or experience to participate and benefit from the course. You will be provided with a range of simple techniques to help you relax and calm your mind.
Meditation has shown to have great benefits for people affected by cancer. It can assist to: Reduce stress and anxiety; mprove quality of life; improve sleep and mood; manage chronic pain and manage abnormal blood pressure.
- Life Now Meditation is offered to West Australians who have been diagnosed with cancer, or who have experienced a recurrence, secondary or progression, in the last five years.
- Primary carers are also eligible to attend (by themselves, or in support of a cancer patient), and are invited to register.
- As this is a beginners course, no prior experience is required to participate.
- We prioritise new participants, giving everyone the opportunity to participate in our Life Now Meditation course.
- If you have previously participated in 3 or more Life Now Meditation courses, please apply for a waitlist position.
Interested in participating in this course?
Registrations are essential. Please complete the Life Now course registration form.
For Life Now Program queries, email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.