Are you or someone you care about affected by cancer?
The Cancer Council WA Life Now Program invites you to take part in our free supportive cancer care course.
Exercise is a recommended part of treatment and recovery. Life Now Exercise is a 12 week course, facilitated by an accredited exercise physiologist and tailor-made for people affected by cancer. Participants receive an individualised program and experience the benefits in a safe and supportive group environment.
- Life Now Exercise is offered to Western Australians who have been diagnosed with cancer in the last two years, are currently undergoing cancer treatment or who have completed cancer treatment in the last two years.
- Primary Carers are eligible to register when the patient they support is also enrolled.
- We prioritise new participants, giving everyone the opportunity to participate in our Life Now Exercise course.
- Exercise Program contraindications include the following health conditions:
- Presence of an acute illness, in addition to the initial cancer diagnosis
- Any musculoskeletal, cardiovascular or neurological disorder that could place the participant at risk of severe injury or illness resulting from the exercise (excluding conditions/disorders that require exercise as part of their treatment)
- Presence of bone metastases*
- Presence of myeloma bone disease
- Severe anaemia
Following registration, each participant must gain medical clearance and complete an initial assessment with their assigned accredited exercise physiologist, who will develop their individually tailored exercise program (fee applies).
Interested in participating in this course?
Registrations are essential. Please complete the Life Now course registration form .
For Life Now Program queries, email the team at email@example.com