There are many resources available on the internet and other places, but not all of it is reliable or evidence based.
To give you some help in finding appropriate, trustworthy information to help inform and guide you through adjusting to your life after cancer treatment, please check out any of the recommended links below, or submit the form below and a Wellbeing after Cancer registered Nurse will contact you.
General information links
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Centre, US – Living Beyond Cancer Program.
- Macmillan Cancer Support – In the search box, write Life after Cancer to access resources
- Cancer Council WA publications (webinars, podcasts and other resources) – for all current booklets, factsheets, brochures, and links to webinars, podcasts and other useful resources
- Cancer Council NSW Survivorship recorded past webinars
Emotional wellbeing information
- Join a Cancer Support Group which can be face-to-face, online or via telephone
- Join the Cancer Council Online Community
- Sign up for a Life Now meditation, mindfulness, mindful art, tai chi, yoga or gym based resistance exercise program
- Complementary therapies page
- Further useful resources, including booklets, podcasts and webinars, can be found on our Publications for Patients, family and friends page. Examples include:
- Emotions and Cancer booklet
- Life Now Meditation and Relaxation CD
- Living Well After Cancer booklet
- Living with Advanced Cancer booklet
- The Act-Belong-Commit guidelines for positive mental health provide a simple approach you can adopt to become more mentally healthy.
- Australian Music Therapy Association can provide contacts of professional music therapists. Music therapy is a research-based allied health profession in which music is used to actively support people as they aim to improve their health, functioning and well-being.
- ANZACATA is the peak professional body representing creative arts therapists in Australia, New Zealand and the Asia/Pacific region.
Lifestyle development information
- Tips for goal setting at the LiveLighter website
- Nutrition tracker
- Physical activity tracker
- Wellbeing after Cancer care plan form
- For specific physical activity and nutrition experts:
- Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA)
- Breast Cancer Care WA
- Andrology Australia : Healthy Men
- Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia
- Society of Australian Sexologists
- Australian Menopause Society
- Jean Hailes for Womens Health
- Cancer Australia publications (Sexuality, Intimacy and Cancer Booklet)
- Videos about coping with cancer and an additional disability (from Macmillian Cancer Support website)
- Disability Action Plan (DAP) (from Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre)
- Sexuality and Relationship Guidelines (PDF from NSW Government Family and Community Services)
- Pelvic Pain Foundation of Australia